Melody Joy

Melody Joy
Melody Joy

Monday, September 12, 2011

The second snippet of our story:


     So, after seeing her birthday and reviewing her file we called the agency and said we would like to adopt her.  (Please note when I say “agency” I mean one of their wonderful advocates, Stacy, who has the biggest heart for orphans that I have ever met.  Please check out her blogs.
     When I called Stacy, she gave me the unbelievable news that Melody was no longer on the shared list!!  That meant that another family had locked her file and was considering adopting her.  The family had 72 hours to say yes or no.  This phone call took place on a Friday.  Basically the family had until Sunday to decide.   If they decided to adopt her then Melody’s name would no longer show up on that shared list but if they declined her file then her name would show up on the shared list on Sunday. So the wait began. That evening I started thinking about the Veggie Tales Esther story and mostly about the theme song,  “the battle is not ours”.  That song kept playing over and over in my mind.  I would sing it out loud  and you all know that I’m not the singer in the family.  (We usually leave that to Amador.)  but even still I kept  blessing my family with a joyful noise baby!!   Elijah and Angelina were like “mommy, I’m tired of hearing that song.”  We went to church that Saturday night and we had a guest speaker (JOEL HOLM!)  His entire message was on the book of Esther!!!  I know!!  He spoke about how God works behind the scenes of our lives.  God is the Hero of our story. Needless to say I was bawling.
    AMAZING!  So, then comes Sunday….I was checking my email and my phone like crazy!  Finally at about 5 or so in the evening, Stacy calls and says “SHES YOURS!” 
God is amazing! 

Then like every other good southern Californian family, we went out to IN N OUT to celebrate!!! 

1 comment:

  1. That's amazing! I know how awesome Stacy is, she advocated for our Dalton and we are so grateful for her! I can't wait to bring Dalton home!

    ReplyDelete