Melody Joy

Melody Joy
Melody Joy

Thursday, September 8, 2011


Big A, Little A! What begins with "A"?  Amador And Alexis Alvarez Are Adopting!
 A snippet of how our story started....
February 22nd will be a day that forever changed the Alvarez Family.  It was on this day that we first received the email with a picture of our Chinese daughter.  Prior to this, month after month I would receive emails from an adoption agency which was trying to find homes for orphaned children.  Each time, I would open the email, say a little prayer for the “featured” child to find their forever family and then close the email.  But this email was different…this child was different….she was our child.  I opened the email and fell in love with a little girl with a smile as big as could be and wearing a pink striped dress that on first glance I thought belonged to our little Angelina.  She was beautiful. I contacted the agency for her information and when I opened her file and saw her birthday- I knew she was our daughter.  
Why was her birthday so important?  Well, let me back up to about five days or so.  As many of you may know we’ve had it on our hearts to adopt.  I remember it clearly; it was Friday, February 18th (Whittier time). I believe the Holy Spirit urged me to pray for our daughter in China.  So, I closed myself up in our studio and I just lifted her up in prayer not knowing anything about her. So…then fast forward to Feb. 22nd when I see this little girl’s picture.  When I noted her birthday I was humbled and excited and amazed because her birthday is Feb.19th.  Indeed, I was praying for our daughter on her birthday.  Feb.18th, Whittier Time was Feb. 19th, Shanghai time!!  Our daughter was born in our hearts on her very birthday! 

Here is that first picture of Melody

Now that it has been about 6 months down this adoption road and we are amazed at how far God has brought us.  

1 comment:

  1. I can not wait to see Melody in your arms. She is so very precious to me. I will never forget how the Lord moved the mountains to make her yours...only our Lord!!!! Hugs, stacy

    ReplyDelete