Melody Joy

Melody Joy
Melody Joy

Saturday, October 15, 2011

God is in our boat!

Yesterday was a day full of ups and downs and thankfully more ups!!
As we wait for our LOA we have had much time to think and for me that thinking has turned into worrying. I have been paralyzed by fear as of late.  Fear about the future, fear of the unknown, fear for finances, fear for just about everything.  My husband has been encouraging me since day 1 that Jesus is in this boat with us. Jesus can calm the raging storm.  He always tells me to keep my eyes on Jesus and not these waves.  Yesterday I was overwhelmed with worries of what life will look like after Melody is home.  As we were going about our day, I shared with Amador what I was feeling so we prayed a bit.  When we went to go pick up the kids from school, I saw a friend from church.  I was so excited and curious to see her there because her kids don't go to our school.  She too has a heart for adoption so we were catching up on all our adoption news. She ended up introducing me to mom from my kids school who I had been wanting to meet for weeks!!  This mom has a huge heart for adoption and is an incredible resource.  Within just the few minutes that we met she was able to offer help for things that I was literally freaking out about an hour before meeting her.  It was a sweet meeting that I know God orchestrated in His perfect timing.  I was so encouraged by that God appointment!  God is in this boat with us.  He will get us to the other side.   We ended this day with dinner at our friends' home.  They have adopted from China.  They prayed for our family and encouraged us and it was good!  Thank you God! 

No comments:

Post a Comment